Raising awareness amongst communities about various crime challenges and how they can be prevented is another task that the VSCPP is engaged in as they are consistently involved in crime awareness campaigns and anti-crime projects. They distribute educational material to their communities on aspects such as social crime prevention and discouraging the purchase of stolen goods.
KZN Public Week Celebration
Community Safety & Liaison MEC Mr W.Mchunu
Community Safety & Liaison HOD Mr Vusumuzi Ronnie Bengu
Nature of Business: The Department of Community Safety and Liaison is a Provincial Government Department whose key focus areas include overseeing the effectiveness and efficiency of Police Services in KwaZulu-Natal, facilitating good relations between the police and the community, as well as co-ordination of social crime prevention initiatives.
"Defending the Weak",
To be the lead agency in driving the integration of community safety initiatives, towards a crime-free KwaZulu-Natal.
The people of KwaZulu-Natal live in a safe and secure environment.
* To monitor police efficiency and effectiveness;
* To promote good relations and establish partnership between the police and the communities;
* To facilitate the development and co-ordination of social crime prevention initiatives;
* To promote and support Victim Empowerment;
* To ensure good governance through the rendering of overall management and timeous administrative support services to the Department; and
* To render an effective Legal Administration Service.